In 2000 this was designated as the official peace statue of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It was dedicated on May 30, 1934 in Veteran’s Memorial Park. On the front of the base is a bronze plaque with the relief sculpture of a mourning woman with her head and body covered by a long robe and the inscription: IT SHALL NOT BE AGAIN. On the back of the base a circular bronze plaque contains the dedication: DEDICATED IN MEMORY OF THOSE OF ORANGE WHO SERVED THEIR COUNTRY DURING THE WORLD WAR 1917-1919. The sculpture was created by Joseph P. Pollia.